Sunday, 18 June 2017

LONDON TOWER BLOCK DEATH TOLL INCREASES TO 58

LONDON TOWER BLOCK DEATH TOLL INCREASES TO 58

Sixteen bodies have been removed from the blackened 24-storey apartment block, and the first victim was formally identified as Mohammed Alhajali, a 23-year-old Syrian refugee



Days after the unfortunate incident, the death toll from the London tower block increase to 58 on Saturday as embattled Prime Minister Theresa May, accused of misreading the national mood over the tragedy, met survivors desperately seeking answers.
Police searching for human remains inside the burnt-out shell of the Grenfell Tower said they believe that at least 58 missing people have died, a figure that includes 30 fatalities so far confirmed.

Sixteen bodies have been removed from the blackened 24-storey apartment block, and the first victim was formally identified as Mohammed Alhajali, a 23-year-old Syrian refugee.

Queen Elizabeth II said the disaster had cast a sombre pall over Britain, but insisted the country was showing resolve in the face of adversity.

However, public anger has swollen over the disaster, with furious residents heckling May and storming the local authority headquarters on Friday.

They demanded justice for the victims and claimed Wednesday’s fatal blaze was due to negligence, with many citing the cladding that was put on the 1974 concrete tower during a recent refit.


Source: ( Punch Newspaper )

No comments:

Post a Comment

NIGERIA CUSTOMS SET TO REVIEW AGENTS LICENSING RATES

  NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE HOLDS CONSULTATION WITH STAKEHOLDERS ON REVIEW OF LICENSING RATES FOR CUSTOMS AGENTS